While he may not be Tony Hawk, the rich and famous Skateboard Mogul, he is Tony Hawk “The Original”, and founder of Resources for Leading, established in 2010. Tony brings years of experience as an entrepreneur and corporate executive to leaders and organizations who seek his insight, guidance and advice.
Throughout his career Tony has been focused on :
- Leaders: Helping them be the most effective leaders possible.
- Organizations: Helping them achieve success through alignment in structure, strategy, execution, training and organizational development.
Tony hold a Professional Certified Coach designation from the International Coach Federation. Tony has over 30 years leadership experience across a variety of industries. He is a business owner and has worked in executive or consultant capacities with entrepreneurial start-ups, family owned businesses, established enterprises, pre-IPO corporations, publicly held companies and non-profit organizations. His background and experience give him the unique ability to help others gain new perspectives and come up with quality solutions.
His experience includes:
- Adjunct Faculty, Sam M. Walton College of Business, Executive Education, University of Arkansas Designing and facilitating Executive Education and Organizational Development solutions for organizations around the world.
- Senior Director of Leadership Development, LifePoint Hospitals in Brentwood, TN. where he served as executive coach, designing the executive and leadership development programs to prepare hospital executives for current and future roles in a rapidly changing industry.
- Vice President of Human Resources, SecureWorks, in Atlanta, GA. for this international information security services company, where he established the full array of HR and Organizational Development systems and processes required of a young pre-IPO enterprise that eventually sold to Dell.
- Director of Corporate Education and Business Development, The Soderquist Center for Leadership and Ethics, Northwest Arkansas. where he, worked closely with Don Soderquist, retired Senior Vice Chairman of Wal-Mart, to develop and deliver leadership, organizational, team development and strategic planning services to organizations around the world.
- Vice President of Corporate Relations, Resources for Living, Austin, TX. for this counseling/ consulting firm serving Fortune 500 companies. This company was initially developed in collaboration with Sam Walton for Wal-Mart Associates and their families. In addition to leading the business development team, Tony served as Senior Consultant to Wal-Mart where he worked from their corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas, coaching and consulting with management and senior executives around the company on human resources and high risk people issues.
- Senior Executive, Not for Profit Organization, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada where he engaged in the entrepreneurial venture of establishing and growing a healthy, non-denominational Christian church.
Tony holds an undergraduate and Masters’ degree in Counseling from Abilene Christian University; is a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR); holds the Professional Certified Coach designation from the International Coach Federation; and is a certified administrator of a variety of psychological and personality assessments utilized for executive selection, coaching and leadership development.
Tony and his wife Terry enjoy their family, running, cycling, fly fishing, traveling, outdoor adventures and serving others through their church and community.
Clients Served Across His Career
Wal-Mart, C.P. Morgan Home Builders, Wal-Mart International, Cameron Smith & Associates, Sam’s Club, The Foster Group Wealth Management, Tyson Foods, International Corporate Marketing Group (Division of The Hartford), Kroger, various Kroger Marketing Areas (KMAs), CFB Inversion Inmobiliaria (Guatemala), Bridgestone, Government of American Samoa, Fleming Foods, Consolidated Beef Producers, McLane Company, Christian Booksellers Association, LifePoint Hospitals, Greater Orlando Leadership Foundation, Mercy Hospital, Northwest Arkansas Community College, SecureWorks, University of Arkansas, Texas Instruments, Downtown Bentonville, Kimberly Clark, City of Siloam Springs, Campbell Soup, Siloam Springs School District, Clorox, Springdale Chamber of Commerce, Southwestern Energy, Springdale Police Department, Mahco Outdoor Products, Leadership Benton County, Outdoor Cap, Cross Church Northwest Arkansas, Sunstar (Japan), Central States Manufacturing, Bob Siemon Designs, Pace Industries, Maui Varieties Ltd., State of Arkansas, Saatchi & Saatchi X, Lockard Integrated Real Estate Solutions, Servant Investments, Southern Pipe, Starplex, Itz and Movie Taverns,